Identity & Traditions of Europe
The European level political foundation “European Identity and Traditions (in French: Identités & Traditions Européennes ) is an independent and autonomous organization. Its functioning is are in accordance with the Statutes, Internal regulations and Yearly work program, applying rules and regulations of the European Parliament, regarding by-laws.The European level political foundation “European Identity and Traditions” is the affiliated political foundation of the European level political party “Alliance of European National Movements” (AEMN).
Mission Statement – Preamble of the Statute
Regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community, and in particular Article 191;
Having regard to Regulation (EC) No 2004/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003 on the regulations governing political parties and foundations at European level, as amended by Regulation (EC) No 1524/2007 December 18, 2007;
Legal entities or physical undersigned whose list is provided at the end hereof agree to establish a non-profit association under Belgian law and determine its association as follows:
European Identities & Traditions – Goals:
The European Identities & Traditions Foundation, in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 2004/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003, is based on the principles of respect for fundamental freedoms of democracy, human rights and the rule of law as qu’hérités the best spiritual and doctrinal traditions of European civilization. It can define its objectives in a joint statement. Its goals are also the following:
- Develop close working relations between its members on European political, social, cultural issues;
- Organize meetings, seminars, trainings, conferences for the above purpose;
- Provide expertise on the formulation of common goals on issues relating to the European Union;
- Promote the cooperation with youth organizations and other representatives of civil society, as well as academics and other actors concerned;
- Contribute to the strengthening of democracy in the European Union by allowing the expression of nationalist opinions insufficiently taken into account by the political, economic and administrative elites;
- Participate in and contribute to the debate on European policy issues of general interest and of the current process of European integration;
- Create and distribute publications, studies, information in all forms.
The association is authorized to take all legal acts, directly or indirectly necessary or useful for the promotion and achievement of the above objectives.
In the national context, members maintain their own name, their identity and their freedom of action.